Do you think fat is useless substance to the body? Let’s see. Fat is very important, protective tissue of animal kingdom. Fat is known to have two main purposes. Fat stores excess calories in a safe manner so you can mobilize the fat stores when you are hungry. Fat release hormones, which control metabolism. When the toxins in the body exceed normal level, fat tissue will support to store the toxins.
Types of fat
They are brown, white, subcutaneous, visceral, and belly fat. .
- Brown fat
It’s known that children have more brown fat than adults and it helps them keep warm. Scientists have found that lean people tend to have more brown fat than overweight or obese people. Brown fat stores decline in adults but still help with warmth. Brown fat is now thought to be like muscle than like white fat. When activated, brown fat burns white fat.
- White fat
White fat is much more plentiful than brown. The job of white fat is to store energy and produce hormones that are then secreted into bloodstream. Small fat cells produce a “good guy” hormone called adiponectin, which makes the liver and muscles sensitive to the hormone insulin, in the process making us less susceptible to diabetes and heart disease. While gaining weight fat cell number will not increase, cell size will increase. When people become fat, adiponectin production slows down or shuts down, setting them up for disease.
Fat Subcutaneous fat is found directly under the skin. In terms of overall health, subcutaneous fat in the thighs and buttocks, for instance, may not be as bad as visceral fat and may have some potential benefits.
- Visceral Fat
Visceral or “deep” fat “wraps around the inner organs and creates trouble for your health. How do you know if you have it? If you have a large waist or belly, of course you have visceral fat. As the length of belt increases, span of life will reduce. In the constitution of body, women will have more fat percentage than male for the purpose of child bearing and lactation.
A high-risk waist circumference is:
- A man with waist measurement over 40 inches (102 em).
- A woman with waist measurement over 35 inches (88 em).
In the view of fat reduction one has to burn around 9000 calories to reduce 1kg of fat from the body.
Nature cure believes excess of anything which is not useful to the body creates foundation for disease.
Some basic natural ways to counter fat:
- Fasting is the best remedy. It facilitates usage of excess calories and drains the toxins which are accumulated in the body. It helps in reducing LDL cholesterol and increases HDL cholesterol.
- Exercise releases mood-boosting chemicals, which help make you happier, healthier, and more confident about self, which helps regulate your eating and keeping your calorie intake under control.
- Yoga is a good solution for physical and mental balance. Yogasanas and other forms of brisk exercises will strengthen the long muscles and increases bone density and reduce the size offat tissue. Several studies proven that reduction in fat tissues, reduces insulin resistance. “If you have a large waist or belly, of course you have visceral fat. Visceral fat drives up your risk for diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and even dementia. .
- Eat on time instead of eating 3 large meals a day, opt to eat regularly throughout the day. Having 5 or 6 smaller and healthy meals can actually help you lose weight by boosting your metabolism naturally.
- Eating empty calories from a junk food can give you the same amount of calories as a salad, but by eating salads you get the vital nutrients needed for the body than a junk food. One of the most important facts in the process of lipogenesis is saving the extra calories. If the consumption of calories is more than the need the extra calories is stored as fat. So burning extra calories is the best way to get rid ofthe extra fat.
- Increase your fat-burning ability by doing more household activities such as cleaning your house, working in the garden. When possible, take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Reduce your fat intake, but not entirely. It is recommended that adults keep their daily fat intake between 20 per cent and 35 per cent of daily calorie intake. However, some fat is necessary for good health. Try to totally eliminate artificial train’s fats that show up on food labels as partially hydrogenated oils.
To fight with fat follow the principles of nature. Periodical fasting, doing regular physical exeirise and following relaxation techniques, maintaining good food habits with dedication will fulfill the goal of fat reduction, maintaining fitness and good health.