Asthma is a condition caused by inflammation in the airways of the lungs, which weakens its ability to exchange air. The inflammation results in narrowing of the air pathways and when combined with excess mucus production can cause breathing difficulties, coughing, and wheezing. If not treated properly, this chronic inflammatory disease can be debilitating and hinder normal life. Studies show that Asthma affects more than 300 million people across the world, and children under the age of 10 are at considerable risk.
Asthma is mainly of two types and is triggered by different factors.
Studies have identified allergens as the sole cause of extrinsic Asthma. The inhalation of certain airborne allergens may cause acute extrinsic Asthmatic episodes. Certain foods or medications may also induce allergic Asthma. Reducing exposure to allergens is, therefore, key to the treatment of Asthma. It includes avoiding:
• Airborne allergens such as mould, plant pollens, feather animal dander, and house dust.
• Food allergens such as dairy, citrus, shellfish, peanuts, chocolate, eggs, sulfites and wheat.
Intrinsic Asthma is seen in patients with persistent eosinophilia, sinusitis, increased production of leukotrienes and the condition do not improve even when admitted to the hospital.
Some of the triggers of an intrinsic Asthma attack include:
• Stress or anxiety
• Hormone fluctuations
• Changes in weather, cold or dry air
• Late-onset Asthma linked to occupational exposure to chemicals.
• Fireplace, wood smoke and cigarette smoke
• Respiratory infections triggered by viruses
• Polluted air, chemicals and fragrances
• Strenuous exercise-induced Asthma
• Certain medications like aspirin and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
Patients who want to reduce the use of steroids and other Asthma medications can begin by blocking out allergens and making the following food and lifestyle changes:
• Magnesium can relieve the spasm of muscles surrounding the airways of the lung.
• Bronchodilators like green tea and other the herbal medicines can provide relief
• Omega-3 oils, found in fish and flax seeds, can balance the allergic/inflammatory pathways.
• Nutrients vitamins C, B6, and B12, and the minerals selenium and molybdenum can improve respiratory health.
• Avoid artificial colourings, preservatives, aspirin, ibuprofen, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
• Use air purifiers and vacuum cleaner with HEPA filters to remove allergens in the air.
While modern medicine and natural remedies work in individual ways to manage symptoms when they arise, naturopathy works to eliminate the root cause of the disease.
A comprehensive naturopathy treatment program for Asthma cure
The greatest benefit of a naturopathy treatment program is that it includes allergen identification and elimination through a personalized diet, exercise and recovery plan created for you by naturopathy doctors.
For more information on managing Asthma naturally, see a naturopathic physician at Jindal Institute of Naturopathy. Patients with mild to moderate Asthma were able to reduce or even eliminate the occurrence of Asthmatic episodes with the following therapies offered at JNI.
Nature Cure therapy:
• Chest pack application once or twice a day
• Hot foot and arm bath
• Partial massage therapy for upper back and chest
• Asthma bath
• Oxygen bath
• Steam and sauna bath
• Steam inhalation and,
• Drainage therapy
• Calcium-rich, non-mucus and non-acid generating food-items
• Herbs such as tulsi, pudina tea etc
• Lots of water.
Your prescribed Asthma medications should not be discontinued without consulting with your doctor. Click here to know more about Jindal Naturecure Institute Bangalore, to cure your Asthma with Nature cure, Diet and Yoga therapies.
is the treatment cashless for hertage health insurance tpa pvt ltd
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Jindal Naturecure Videos
Jindal Naturecure reviews
Jindal Nature Cure
Jindal Naturecure Institute
Jindal Nature Cure Institute
Jindal Naturecure Bangalore
Jindal NatureCure Institute Bangalore
Jindal Nature Cure Bangalore
Jindal Nature Cure Institute Bangalore
Jindal Naturecure Institute Reviews
Jindal Naturecure Bangalore Reviews
Jindal Nature Cure Reviews
Jindal Nature Cure Blog
Jindal Nature Cure Institute Blog
Jindal Nature Cure Bangalore Blog