Maintaining a good oral health seems simple, but people need to know the basics of how to brush properly. Yes, we do brush our teeth every day, but are we doing it right? It is important as the healthier your mouth is, the healthier our body will be. Here are some tips to maintain good oral health.
Floss regularly: Brushing is not enough, you should also consider flossing on a daily basis. Make sure to floss after eating breakfast and dinner.
Visit the Dentist regularly: Your dentist will not only check your mouth, but will also tell you how to maintain a good oral health.
Healthy teeth and gums not only give you a beautiful smile, but also indicate good oral health and hygiene that play a very important role in your life. Good oral hygiene helps prevent cavities and stained or yellowed teeth, as well as bad breath. It is essential to your overall health as well. Studies suggest that in addition to oral problems, oral bacteria and inflammation can lead to many other health problems, including heart disease, strokes, irritable bowel syndrome, kidney disease, diabetes and oral cancer. Women with oral disease also show higher incidences of preterm, low birth-weight babies. In addition, gum disease, tooth pain or other oral issues can affect people psychologically. The health of your teeth and gums has a direct influence on how you look, speak, chew and taste food. It can even make some people shy away from socializing. Also, dental treatments are expensive and good oral health can help you save great deal of money.
Fortunately, there are simple ways to keep your teeth and gums strong and healthy from childhood to old age. For good oral health, the first step is to maintain proper oral hygiene. It means brushing your teeth at least twice a day, flossing once or twice a day (preferably after dinner), rinsing your mouth after each meal and using a mouthwash at least once daily.
1. Oil Pulling: Oil pulling, also known as oil swishing, is an age-old practice used in Ayurveda that helps strengthen the teeth, gums and jaw while preventing tooth decay. It helps draw out bacteria from the mouth, keeps your gums healthy and brightens your teeth.
2. Turmeric: Turmeric contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help keep the gums healthy and teeth free from bacterial infection.
+ Add a little water to 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder to make a paste. Brush your teeth with it, a few times a week.
+ You can also boil 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder in 1 cup of water, allow it to cool and use it as a mouthwash once daily.
3. Indian Lilac: Indian lilac, also known as neem, has antibacterial properties that help maintain oral health by easily destroying bacteria, gingivitis and gum disease.
+ Grind 2 or 3 neem leaves into a paste. Use this paste to brush your teeth.
+ You can even use a twig from a neem tree to brush your teeth.
4. Green Tea: The natural fluoride, polyphenols and catechism in green tea can destroy the bacteria that cause tooth decay and bad breath.
+ Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea every day.
5. Liquorice: Liquorice root may help keep your teeth and gums healthy. Two predominant compounds in liquorice licoricidin and licorisoflavan, help kill the major bacteria responsible for tooth decay and gum disease.
6. Basil: It works as an excellent mouth freshener and oral disinfectant. It can help destroy germs and bacteria, thus protecting them from falling out.
+ Dry a handful of fresh basil leaves in the
sun for a couple of days, then make a powder from the dried leaves. Use this powder to brush your teeth.
+ Chew 4 to 5 basil leaves daily.
7. Salt: Salt can help strengthen the gums and teeth. Its antiseptic and antibacterial properties inhibit the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Jindal Nature Cure
Jindal Naturecure Institute
Jindal Nature Cure Institute
Jindal Naturecure Bangalore
Jindal NatureCure Institute Bangalore
Jindal Nature Cure Bangalore
Jindal Nature Cure Institute Bangalore
Jindal Naturecure Institute Reviews
Jindal Naturecure Bangalore Reviews
Jindal Nature Cure Reviews
Jindal Nature Cure Blog
Jindal Nature Cure Institute Blog
Jindal Nature Cure Bangalore Blog